Thursday, December 06, 2007

Balls.

Some people are too busy playing the good guys that they think we can stop time. Or would volunteer to work way overtime.

Are they really stupid or simply out of their freakin' minds? I like to think it's a little of both.

A patient with an appointment at 4pm came in at 5:10. Anterior CR. No pain, and absolutely no chance of her dying because of the decay.

So while the nurses were busy playing their little game of tai-chi, yours truly was pissed off enough to go tell the naive little girl outside that unfortunately, time and DOs wait for no man, woman, boy or girl.
Not even Gisele Bündchen.

Okay, maybe Gisele. But just her.

And I told her to make another appointment in front of the morons that had just allowed her to register. I hope that sings a clear message to my overzealous tormentors. Poke us hard enough and we're not gonna lie there dumbly getting mind-fucked by you imbeciles. They probably bitched to her that DOs like myself lack that little bit of altruism, but hey, whose fault is it that she came late? Whose fault is it that she has decayed teeth? Whose fault is it that she believed the fools who told her that she'd be seen at 5:10?

I also find nurses who douse me with sarcasm (the bitchy, not the jovial, play play kind) extremely unpleasant and objectionable. Especially if they go around poking their heads into cubicles, trying to catch me slacking red-handed. Hey I'm slack and I HATE seeing freaking kids. I don't hide it and I can't be [unique expletive] bothered to pretend that I'm typing treatment notes or having a stomachache when all I want to do is play with facebook. I'm not THAT person.

So if some nurse decides she wants to be a snide little [<--keyword] spycam that catches DOs stretching for a minute or counting the times I visit the toilet then sure, I applaud thy patience. But if that's all you do, assisting on occasion, then I say bah! Hypocrite.

Slack den slack lah, dun pretend.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRAVO!