
Was squashed and deprived of oxygen whilst on my pilgrimage to the IT show on Sat.
Originally intended to recce for worthwhile deals, but decided to get what I wanted there and then because I didn't want to have to tunnel through the crowd at Suntec. Again. And then the choked walkways of Citylink. Again.
It's no better if you drive either. Finding a parking lot was a game of luck and a test of patience.
And it's not like the show offered bargain buys and huge mark-downs on prices either. Harddisks, thumbdrives, RAM prices were actually cheaper in the deserted corridors of Sim Lim square. That being said, I did get my Dad's LCD monitor for a cool $60/- off it's retail price.
It'll probably go a further $10 or $20 lower in the final hours of the show today, but I don't want to be stuck in a human traffic jam comprising my fellow restless bargain-crazed countrymen. I don't want to be battered by irate mothers ramming their prams and baby strollers into my ankles (don't laugh, it's true).
* * * * * *
Oh and Liverpool beat Man Utd 4-1. :)
(Diclaimer: I am NOT a Liverpool fan. Man U fans who are sore from defeat should direct their anger and violence towards my friend Nijam)
0 comments:
Post a Comment